Studio Policies & Copyright
J Ferber Photography Studio Policies and Copyright Information
Portrait Session Policies
Before your Portrait Session: Your Portrait Session will include a phone or in-person Planning Consultation. We'll discuss your portrait and artwork needs and goals. I'll also provide suggestions for locations and wardrobe, and answer any questions you may have.
At Your Portrait Session: We will briefly review our plans and goals for the session.
The session usually lasts around 90 minutes; although we can adjust as needed.
We'll probably move to several settings within your chosen location(s) to provide a pleasing variety of images.
Posing direction will be informal and relaxed (never stiff!). You'll be comfortable and have fun!
After Your Portrait Session: I will select and edit the best images for your review, usually 30-35.
I'll do my special portrait retouching on a few images, so you can see how beautiful they'll be!
Within a few weeks, we'll have your Ordering Session, where you'll select your favorites and place your order for photo artwork and gifts.
A payment of 50% of the balance of your artwork total, after print credits, is due at your Ordering Session, unless a payment plan has been established.
The remaining balance is due upon delivery of your artwork.
Your order will be created and completed in approximately 4 weeks from the date of your Ordering Session.
All ordered images will receive my meticulous editing and retouching process; all products are custom designed just for you.
In order to provide an attentive and successful experience to all of our clients, please note the following Studio Policies.
• Scheduling: In case of severe weather or unforeseen circumstances, the studio reserved the right to postpone the session, by not more than 3 weeks. Sessions may be rescheduled for reasons other than weather by the client once; otherwise the deposit/session fee will be forfeited.
• Other Cameras: No cameras or cell phones (being used as cameras) are allowed at portrait Sessions, or Portrait Ordering Sessions.
• Pricing: Prices are subject to change without notice, however current pricing at the time of your Portrait Session is honored for six months after your Portrait Session is held.
• Archiving: To make room for new sessions, unordered images may be purged form our systems 30 days after your Ordering Session. Ordered images will be archived in our system for one year for holiday cards, announcements, and reorders.
• Purchased Digital Images: When you purchase high-resolution digital files of the images created for you, you will receive authorization to reproduce those images for your personal use only. You may reproduce those images in online or print formats. In order to maintain the quality of the images, you may not alter the images in any way prior to reproduction. Low-resolution images, when included, are intended for online posting (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) When specified with your order, low-resolution images may be printed by the client at sizes up to 8x10 inches.
Model Release: By investing in the services of J Ferber Photography, you agree that any images created of the subject, yourself, and any other family or friends present at the Portrait session, as created by J Ferber Photography, may be used by Jennifer Ferber / J Ferber Photography for any legal purpose and in any format, including display, promotion, commercial, editorial, or competition use, without further compensation beyond services paid for and received by the Client. The Client may request that specific images not be used in this manner by writing to J Ferber Photography, 460 Pecan Street, Arroyo Grande, California, 93420.
Use of Images: In 1976 the Federal Government passed the Copyright Law to prevent the copying of protected materials, including books, sheet music, artwork, and professionally created photographs. J Ferber Photography invests in education, training, and equipment in order to provide the highest level of quality of photography in the portraits you have commissioned us to create, and in images we create for artistic and archival use. Duplicating, scanning, or copying images, or lower quality printing of images, create a severe loss of clarity, color, and permanence in the portraiture and other images, lessening the apparent quality of the work. Such losses reflect poorly on the reputation of our professional work.
J Ferber Photography reserves the Copyright, in all media and in perpetuity, on every portrait and image we create, including portraits, artwork, historical images, and all other types of images which have been created, edited, and archived for future use. The US Copyright Act protects photographers by giving the author of the photograph exclusive right to reproduce photographs made, including the right to control production of copies. It is illegal to copy, download, or reproduce these photographs elsewhere without our written permission.